There is rarely a pantry in the world that runs short of potatoes and eggs. Such mundane ingredients. From the top of my head, I can think Omelettes, Sunny Side Up, Scrambled Eggs, French Fries and Mashed Potatoes with gravy. Honestly, Egg-in-a-Hole is as creative as I can get on a regular Monday morning!
Brighten up your day by using these two regular pantry ingredients to make something exciting. Go from Mundane to Magical!
We have the perfect recipe for you. Come Along.
Hash Brown Egg Nests
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 Large Potatoes
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Peel and Grate Potatoes.
- Rinse the grated potatoes in cold water and drain well. Leave it to dry on a clean towel.
- Transfer the grated potatoes to a bowl.
- Add 2 tbspns of melted butter, sprinkle some salt and freshly cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Grease Muffin Tray with Butter.
- Fill one-fourth of the muffin tray cavities with the seasoned potato mixture.
- Press it down and to the sides.
- Pre-heat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius and Bake the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and crack open eggs into each of the nests.
- Place the tray back in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes more until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft.
- Remove from oven and demould onto the serving dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm.
- Instead of cracking open eggs directly into the nests, you can beat it together with tiny pieces of bacon, top with grated cheese and then bake.
Can you think of more ways to transform your regular ingredients into something off-the-charts? Don’t forget to share it with us in the comments section.